A Little About Me

I am a Secondary Science Education major at the University of South Alabama. I also have a degree in Zoology from Auburn University.

Developing Problem Solvers

In so many classes today teachers just lecture from the book and the students are left to memorize the information. This is how I got through most of my middle and high school classes and I did great until University. It was not until high school that I got a few teachers who wanted their students to process the information and be able to apply to many different situations. Through these classes I learned to be a problem solver. I think we are doing our students a disservice by not making think and process information and questions. Once out of school no one is going to care how much you have memorized but they are going to care whether or not you can apply what you know to real life situations. I want my students to develop these skills from a young age so they will have an advantage later life. My classroom should be filled with thinkers not robots.