A Little About Me

I am a Secondary Science Education major at the University of South Alabama. I also have a degree in Zoology from Auburn University.

Technology in the Classroom

I believe that using technology is very important. Using computers and the technology that comes along with them are how the students are learning so that is how we should be teaching. Ideally, all students would have access to computers and there would be more that one student computer in a classroom. I plan on having a class blog set up so that parents and students have access to what is going on in class. This would also allow for another form of communication between the students and me. I would be able to post review materials, pictures and videos of the labs, students’ work, homework and projects.

I also want the students to learn to use different technology for projects, such as using Glogster instead of poster boards or using Animoto to make videos. I also want them to learn how to use Google Docs so they access their documents from anywhere and can share them with one another. Edublog would be great to use so that students can each have their own blog but I would still be able to manage it and edit it if needed. I would also love to have a couple of video recorders the students could check out to use for projects. In addition I want to use Skype to connect with classrooms and scientists all over the world. This would give students the chance to connect with many different students and would let them see what professional scientists do. Plus, I want to use videos provided by Brainpop and United Streaming for educational purposes. These Internet sites provide short videos on a variety of subjects. These videos could give the students a better understanding of what we are studying and give examples of real life application.